Bed & Breakfast (Lunch and Dinner with additional charge)
A luxurious camp for your excursion in the Sahara.
A welcoming sight awaits you in the Tunisian desert - nestled in the shade of a private oasis - Yadis Campement Ksar Ghilane ushers you in to this hospitable land of colours and contrasts, spices and scents.
The permanent tents are made of stone and canvas - reminiscent of traditional Bedouin dwellings. Yadis Campement's location at a former Berber castle (ksar) features a restored watchtower that offers guests breathaking views of the Great Eastern Erg desert dunes.
Camp Yadis Ksar Ghilane is surrounded by its own desert oasis near the other saharan oases of Ksar Guilane; southeast of Zaafrane in southern Tunisia. The camp is also near a hot spring (swimming possible) and beverage outlets.
~3 hours from Djerba and ~4 hours from Douz and Tozeur in a 4x4 vehicle.
60 comfortable tents (~28 mē each) pitched in a star formation around the swimming pool and observation tower feature:
- Air conditioning and heating with individual control.
- Double bed or twin beds (with mattresses and bed linen that you would expect to find in a hotel).
- Possibility of additional third and fourth beds for families (with 1-2 children under 12 yrs).
- Private bathroom with hot running water, shower and toiletries (hairdryer on request).
- Living room with wrought iron furniture.
- Traditional floor coverings.
Food and Beverage
The main restaurant serves typical cuisine of the south of Tunisia (such as briks and lamb dishes cooked in a stone oven) and Mediterranean cuisine. Breakfast, lunch and Dinner is available at set times but flexibility is provided according to guest arrivals/departures.
At the bar you can expect a variety of cocktails and drinks throughout the day in a unique setting that overlooks the pool.
Leisure and Recreation
- The outdoor swimming pool, fed by a nearby spring, has sun loungers with mattresses and parasols (towels on request).
- Entertainment can be provided by folklore groups on request.
- For wellness, there is the nearby thermal spring and massages.
- Camel trekking, horse riding, dune drives and a visit to a Roman fort (3 km away) are also possible from the campsite.
- Motorbike hire is available from a company nearby.